DICOM Structured Reporting
Radiology departments and health systems have started to adopt structured reporting. Structured reporting, sometimes called synoptic reporting, is a method of clinical documentation that captures and displays specific data elements in a specific format. In radiology, structured reporting templates provide consistency and clarity, prompt entry of all necessary data elements, and are amenable to scalable data capture, interoperability, and exchange. Each device, such as a CT scanner or MRI machine, produces a set of data in a structured manner, which helps eliminate or reduce the need for the technician to input each field manually or by dictation. These modalities generate outputs that are generally formatted according to DICOM standards. The Dicom Systems Unifier platform offers vendor-neutral DICOM Structured Reporting (DICOM SR) and DICOM Radiotherapy (DICOM RT) integration compatible with any dictation system or EHR/EMR.
Unifer DICOM SR and RT Features and Benefits:
- Capture and insert measurements directly into radiological reports.
- Ingest DICOM SR, HL7 or FHIR output data to vendor API, HL7 or FHIR.
- Select from multiple modifiers available when DICOM SR value is determined.
- Convert DICOM SR for each protocol.
- Normalize DICOM SR, XML, JSON, HL7 or FHIR measurement data from different vendor modalities such as CT, DEXA and Ultrasound.
- Auto-populate DICOM SR measurement data to perform metric conversions and apply standard formatting for reporting consistency.
- Customizable DICOM private tags mapping in DICOM SR and FHIR or HL7 formatting.
- Pre-populate PowerScribe 360 template fields.
- Supports any modality DICOM SR and FHIR, HL7 or DICOMweb vendors.
- Map additional clinical and historical data along with DICOM SR data into EHR/EMR and reporting dictation systems.
- Extract data from DICOM RT objects, integrate RT data, and generate HL7 or FHIR messages.
“We found the Dicom Systems Unifier’s de-identification capabilities to be the enterprise-class platform we needed to tackle the complexity of our requirements. This data pool is already in the hands of our AI partner, with the aim to significantly improve the diagnostic accuracy of fractures and pathologies in radiology.”
“In the emergency setting, speed is essential and Dicom Systems helps us deliver results at much higher speeds with near-zero downtimes.”
“Without Dicom Systems, we would need an army of vendor support and analysts.”
“The Unifier platform has enabled SCPMG to easily manage a large number of DICOM routers. We can maximize functionality and update the business logic of over 2,500 modalities in our network.”