Unifier Vendor Neutral Archive (VNA) and Cloud VNA
- A single-department scenario. If only one department feeds images and related data to the archive, a scalable cloud-based PACS/MIMPS is a good solution.
- A multi-department scenario. At this level, VNA becomes necessary and will break down data silos created by different PACS/MIMPS systems, each using its tags for DICOM files.
- A multi-specialty scenario. Ingests non-DICOM formats (such as JPEGs, PDFs, texts, and videos) used by different medical specialties, keeping the information centralized and accessible across departments.
- An enterprise scenario. Provides a solution for multiple sites within the same hospital system or imaging network because it has an open architecture structure, consolidation capabilities, and data integration.
Dicom Systems Unifier VNA Features and Benefits:
- All DICOMweb / RESTful APIs universal viewers are supported, as the system is vendor-agnostic.
- Continuous security improvements without disrupting file storage or access, which helps to maintain a high level of security for patient data.
- Primary VNA information is kept safe and secure from disasters, such as power outages, natural disasters, or cyberattacks, with the optional Disaster Recovery (DR) feature.
- 100% web-based solution. Provides access through any computer or mobile device, anywhere there is internet access, 24/7/365.
- Easy HIPAA-compliant logging and monitoring of all DICOM transactions in a user-friendly format.
- Full virtualization support and integration with major cloud solution providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, and Oracle.
- Supports hot, cold, and warm cloud storage for clinical and legal workflows.
- Supports standard archive functions, including Store SCP, Query/Retrieve SCP, Storage Commitment SCP, and Verification SCP/SCU. Native API for DICOMWEB and FHIR.
- Configurable transfer syntax allows imaging data to be converted and stored in any transfer syntax. JPEG2000 compression and JPEG-LS compression are supported.
- Statistics, reporting, and monitoring features available.
- Rules-based DICOM tag pre/post filtering, morphing, and routing tool that supports DICOM, HL7, FHIR, and DICOMweb.
- Adapts and scales as protocols change or patient data fluctuates, providing a continuous level of performance for storage and retrieval capabilities during peak usage.
Learn more about our VNA projects:
Dicom Systems Wins Department of Defense VNA Contract Press Release
“In the emergency setting, speed is essential and Dicom Systems helps us deliver results at much higher speeds with near-zero downtimes.”
“Without Dicom Systems, we would need an army of vendor support and analysts.”