Dicom Systems created FireBridge to aid in the implementation of FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources). Pronounced “Fire”, FHIR is the latest standard to be developed under the HL7 organization. This standard has quickly become one of the most popular protocols for joining disparate systems together and holds great promise for the development of an application-based approach to interoperability and health information exchange.
FireBridge enables any third party system in the Enterprise Imaging ecosystem to seamlessly integrate using the latest FHIR standards. The entities that embrace FHIR will be able to communicate up-to-the minute data across disparate systems, increasing health care quality, increasing patient access and use of health information and improving outcomes.
- Translates to and from FHIR to HL7, DICOM, or any simple system event
- Makes any interface FHIR-ready and DICOMweb-enabled
- FireBridge, combined with DICOMweb, lets third-party applications upload any kind of standard data to the DCMSYS Workflow Unifier and Unifier Archive (Dicom Systems’ Vendor Neutral Archive)
FireBridge™ extends the useful life of your current systems by bringing them up to the latest interoperability standards.
- Deploy FireBridge as a FHIR proxy for Radiology, Cardiology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, and any other subspecialty connected to Enterprise Imaging.
- FireBridge™ securely connects all third party applications to the Dicom Systems Vendor Neutral Archive without VPNs, leveraging TLS, in full compliance with HIPAA regulation and standards.
“In the emergency setting, speed is essential and Dicom Systems helps us deliver results at much higher speeds with near-zero downtimes.”
“Without Dicom Systems, we would need an army of vendor support and analysts.”