Cloud VNA provides relevant imaging storage and retrieval services over the internet instead of via the massive on-prem computer server networks found in many facilities. As an intelligent data repository and interoperability engine for images and other content, VNA is a critical component. Interoperability is the ability to store and deliver images, data, and other records through seamless integration across any platform from anywhere in the world, all in real-time. The result is a positive impact on provider performance, patient service and satisfaction, and the bottom-line.
Extends PACS longevity at a lower cost, improves data storage
Health data is stored for accessability anytime, anywhere
Cost-effective VNA solution supports crucial workflows
What is an Enterprise Imaging VNA?
Simply put, VNA, is a process through which medical images and other data are stored in such a way that they can be accessed through other systems developed by other vendors. This standardization is the “vendor-neutral” component of the name. In enterprise imaging, VNA breaks down the common barriers of a proprietary system (single vendor) to allow enterprise document sharing to provide benefits such as:
- Reliable internal image sharing
- Workflow efficiency
- Cost-effective image storage and transmission
- Dependable support
Cloud VNA Benefits
- Enhanced security: Cloud-based patient data storage security is subject to continuous improvements with little or no disruption to the storage and access of files.
- Scalability: Cloud VNA can quickly adapt to the latest needs or changes in protocols, so as the patient data increases or shrinks, cloud VNA adjusts accordingly. This means that storage and retrieval capabilities are always operating at peak performance.
- Reduced IT costs Storing patient and provider data in the clouds may produce a significant reduction in the size of the IT staff without a reduction in performance.
- Protection: Cloud VNA information is safe and secure, insulated from, for example, power outages or sabotage.
- Access: Provides access through any computer or mobile device, anywhere there is Internet access, 24/7/365.
- Addresses the unknown: Reduces the stress of upgrades by seamless integration into the current cloud operating system.
Cloud VNA enhances interoperability by providing a long term, sustainable strategy that offers universal storage, viewing, and sharing solutions without the overhead and cumbersome qualities of an on-prem option.
“In the emergency setting, speed is essential and Dicom Systems helps us deliver results at much higher speeds with near-zero downtimes.”
“By utilizing Dicom System’s Unifier, RRIA can more efficiently move images around across disparate information systems and deliver them to the radiologist in a format that best supports their productivity, clinical quality, and report turnaround times.“
“The Unifier platform has enabled SCPMG to easily manage a large number of DICOM routers. We can maximize functionality and update the business logic of over 2,500 modalities in our network.”