The Balancing Act Between Easy Data Access for End Users vs. Enterprise Security SIIM22 Replay
On Thursday, June 9, 2022 at the Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) annual meeting Florent Saint-Clair, Executive Vice President at Dicom Systems led a session on enterprise imaging and cybersecurity. The sudden emergence of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in healthcare, coupled with the relentless ransomware attacks on Healthcare providers, are causing infosec professionals to fundamentally rethink their approach to securing their environment, all while remaining flexible enough to accommodate AI integration within the continuum of care. In this session he examined the Artificial Intelligence (AI) adoption journey from the vantage point of the IT professionals who are expected to deploy it, while also preserving the integrity of the Enterprise. Those tasked with this delicate mission must exercise common sense, prudence, and acute awareness of a new set of challenges posed by AI in healthcare.
- Recognize the key elements governing adoption of AI in existing workflows
- Identify the minimum set of industry standards that must be leveraged to successfully implement AI
- Develop an understanding of how AI vendors train their algorithms
- Discuss the-identification and what is required to ensure the safe implementation of AI in their own environment
- Develop a clear understanding of the distinction between cloud-based vs on-prem AI deployment parameters.