Kaiser Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) Case Study
Founded in 1945, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, part of the Kaiser Permanente HMO, provides high quality, affordable health care services to 13 geographic areas from Kern to San Diego County. Life Image and Dicom Systems partnered to implement Life Image Interoperability Suite, Dicom Systems Unifier Intelligent routing, and Dicom Modality Worklist to support 2,500+ modalities, Tag Morphing, Bi-directional HL7 Routing, High Availability Auto-Failover, LUA Scripting Framework at Kaiser Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG).
- Reconfiguring modalities was complex, time-consuming, and overwhelming for staff.
- Hiring vendors to assist with modality updates was costly.
- Incumbent routing technology was not sophisticated or intelligent.
- Exams are routed to their clinical destination faster, helping physicians avoid delays in patient care.
- Efficient and effective routing of image data.
- Managing and updating modalities require significantly less staff time.
- Automation reduced the need for staff and technical training.
- 80% to 90% of inbound studies are matched to an order and sent to PACS/MIMPS with no intervention.
Listen to the Optimizing Enterprise Imaging Data Flow Webinar with Life Image, Kaiser Southern California Permanente Medical Group and Dicom Systems to learn more about the implementation.