Kaiser (SCPMG) Case Study
Intelligent data routing across an expansive healthcare enterprise
Kaiser Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG), is a multi-site organization comprised of 14 hospitals, 100+ clinics, 2,500+ modalities and 4.4M members that performs more than 4.5M imaging studies per year.
- Reconfiguring modalities was complex, time-consuming, and overwhelming for staff, if feasible at all
- Tapping vendors to assist with modality updates was costly
- Incumbent routing technology was not sophisticated or intelligent
- Exams are routed to their clinical destination more quickly making which helps physicians avoids possible delays in care
- Enterprise imaging operations and the movement of image data have become more efficient
- Managing and updating modalities require significantly less staff time
- Automation has greatly reduced the need for staff and tech training
- 80% – 90% of inbound studies are matched to an order and sent to PACS with no intervention successful deployment.